Funko Pop Commission WIP: Illya Kuryakin (the man from UNCLE)

May 15, 2016

This commission wasn't really something I'd usually get but the client wanted me to do it so I happily obliged. Away from gunpla, i was asked to make a custom Funko Pop figure which I din't know much about aside from the fact that its a toy. Anyway Im supposed to turn these 2 into one character.. as stated in my header Illya if you dint know its from the movie "the man from UNCLE".




Apparently he had it all figured out, he knew what head and body for the figure he wanted. Ol' Capt here and a character I don't know of. So Im supposed to attach capt's head to that guy's body.. technically im just gonna give this dudes a repaint excluding the attaching of the head part.




This was the problem: the other one is a bobble head and the other is downright stuck, and that means i can't saw thru and I gotta find a way to transfer the base of the head to the other bobble head.


And fast forwarding the whole process, I just searched up the net to find that the easiest way to deal with it  is to boil the figures till the glue in the head becomes soft enough to be able to pull it right off!


Gotta sneak this one in while I work on my other commissions too. This job was actually easier than I thought It would be quickly getting it over in a span of 4 days.



Did mask some areas and sanded down seam lines for this. But thats about all I did.


Cant forget that dude's scar.





After the paint cured I reattached the head with hot glue. Fit under the head pretty snug I may say.



And that puts this Commission WIP to a close, It was to easy to make multiple posts for this anyway. Who knows If some of you are collectors of these things shoot me a msg maybe I can work on one for you too. I'll be taking proper photos of this bad boy soon and hope to post it by this week.

Till next time!

You Might Also Like

2 comments




  1. Admin, if not okay please remove!

    Our facebook group “selfless” is spending this month spreading awareness on prostate cancer & research with a custom t-shirt design. Purchase proceeds will go to cancer.org, as listed on the shirt and shirt design.

    www.teespring.com/prostate-cancer-research

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete